- As a personal trainer, I’m often asked how to either build, or avoid building, muscle tissue.
- The truth is that is isn’t easy and it doesn’t happen accidentally.
- The complete “how to” of building muscle is enough to fill several large book volumes.
- This video outlines only the most essential, an 80/20 analysis of building muscle.
x3 Most Essential Components
- #1 Tension. This relates to muscle fibres being maximally recruited.
- #2 Volume. This relates to muscles performing an appropriately large amount of “work”.
- #3 A Caloric Surplus. You must have enough fuel/energy to build additional tissue.
This is a BIG topic with many opinions. If you have questions, please comment below.
If the video is useful, please share it!
Hungry for more?
Check out this related post on a study that looked at the average gym users perception/ability to pick the correct weight to stimulate muscle tissue effectively. This relates both to effective muscle growth and fat loss…